Two main Types of immigration Bonds are:
- Delivery Bond
An alien that is arrested by the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and issued a Warrant of Arrest (Form I-205) and a Notice of Custody Conditions (Form I-286) may be eligible for a delivery bond. The amount of a delivery bond should be sufficient to ensure that the alien will appear for any future immigration proceedings.
- Voluntary Departure Bond
An alien who is allowed to depart the country voluntarily after being placed in removal proceedings status (or in lieu of such proceedings) has been granted Voluntary Departure. The Immigration Judge may, and in nearly all cases will require that the detainee post a bond in an amount that will ensure that the alien departs the United States within the time specified.
Generally, you will need the following information and/or documentation:
- Alien's Full Name
- Alien Registration Number
- Name of the facility where the alien is being held
- Alien's home address
- Alien's date of birth
- Alien's country of birth
- Bond Amount
- Name of the person posting the bond
- Valid address for the person posting the bond
- Valid Social Security Number for the person co-signing & requesting the bond posting.
- Valid phone number for the person/s posting the bond
- Acceptable forms of identification for co-signer/s.
- Permanent Resident Card - Green Card.
- Passport with appropriate stamps
- Valid State driver's license.
- State identification with proof of immigration status.